8.24.2010

20 years ago today...

(Can you believe 1990 was 20 years ago?) Twenty years ago today this world lost one of the most epic blues musicians/guitarists/one of my favorite musicians ever.
Stevie Ray Vaughan
RIP Stevie. When I was six years old I was in love with you & I used to dance around my living room, playing air guitar to your albums. 20 years later I'm still doing the same thing. (the only difference is that I carry nearly your lifes' work everywhere I go in my phone & can be caught dancing to it on street corners, in elevators, on trains, in my kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, the park & pretty much anywhere else) You live on in the hearts & eardrums of ever faithful fans. (& little girls who aren't so little anymore who always dreamed of seeing you play live, impressing you with their sweet dance moves & living happily ever after with you) Thank you for sharing your gifts with us in your time on this planet & thank you for transporting me to a far, far away place every time (even still) that I press play...

‎'I think I've got something special to say with my music. But I have to keep these things in perspective, because they're gifts. It's all a gift, and I have to keep giving it back or it goes away. If I start believing that it's all my doing, it's gonna be my undoing.I'm committing myself to doing the most I can with the gifts I have, so that they do as much good as possible.'
-- Stevie Ray Vaughan

http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=57012%40ktvt.dayport.com



No comments:

Post a Comment